The Alfa Laval DuraCirc delivers the perfect balance of durability, reliability, high efficiency and superior hygienic performance. Combined with design features enabling simple service, the DuraCirc keeps process running. In additional to a class leading range of flow and pressure capabilities, DuraCirc comes with globally recognized hygienic certification. The innovative design also includes features that make cleaning and maintenance faster, easier and more dependable.
Designed for Cleaning-in-Place (CIP), the Alfa Laval DuraCirc is ideal for hygienic applications within the dairy, food, beverage, home and personal care industries. The highly efficient design is particularly suited to applications that are low in viscosity with medium to high discharge pressures and require equipment that can be cleaned in place.
The DuraCirc Circumferential Piston Pump is available with 13 different pump head displacements to handle flow rates up to 149 m3/h and differential pressures up to 40 bar
Twin-wing piston rotors made of special non-galling alloy are standard. All other media contacting steel components, like the rotor case, front cover and rotor nuts are in W. 1.4404 (AISI 316L). With stainless steel gear case and feet, the DuraCirc pump has an all stainless steel exterior, making it
exceptional corrosion resistant.
The gearbox is as standard designed with duplex shafts and a strong, long life bearing arrangement. This provides for a very robust and rigid shaft assembly design – a prerequisite for the very high volumetric efficiency achieved.
With profiled defined compression elastomers and an optimised shaft seal location, the DuraCirc is designed according to the most stringent hygienic design standards and with verified and effective CIP cleanability.
The pump features a front-loading single mechanical seal, which allows quick and easy inspection or replacement without the need to disassemble pipework. Single flushed and double mechanical shaft seals as well as O-ring seals are
available as options.
The Alfa Laval DuraCirc can be supplied either as a bare shaft pump or mounted on a base plate complete with coupling, guard, gear motor and shroud for easy, plug-and-play installation.
Designed with close pump head clearances, the DuraCirc® CPP pump maximizes volumetric efficiency and process yield. Thirteen models offer a wide performance envelope with a flow rate capability up to 150 m3/hr (660 gpm) and operating pressures up to 40 bar (580 psi). This makes optimal pump sizing and selection easy, thereby reducing capital costs and increasing process flexibility.
Based on a robust, reliable design, DuraCirc® features include:
- Advanced port and pump-head geometry, providing a very low NPSHr characteristic. This significantly reduces cavitation risk and maintains pump and media integrity whilst increasing process flexibility in challenging applications
- Long-life, heavy-duty bearings, supporting rigid shafts located in a solid stainless steel gearcase, which reduce shaft movement and allow close pump-head clearances. This minimizes pump-head contact and ensures process uptime
- A modular seal design, which makes seal conversion easy without requiring re-machining or additional flush housings, should the process application change
- An optional retrofit port, the DuraCirc® Uni-Fit, enabling easy, direct replacement of existing circumferential piston pumps from both Alfa Laval and other brands, without requiring pipework modification in existing process systems
The all-stainless-steel DuraCirc® is certified to meet global standards for hygienic design, including EHEDG and 3-A. In contrast to many other circumferential piston pump brands, the DuraCirc® provides both excellent cleanability and high volumetric efficiency.
Features that reduce the risk of contamination include:
- Profiled, product-wetted elastomers that are FDA-compliant and have a defined compression, thereby eliminating crevices and dead zones
- A robust gearcase with optimally positioned heavy-duty bearings that support large diameter shafts, which minimize pump-head contact, thereby reducing the risk of media contamination
- An all-stainless steel construction suitable for hygienic washdown, ensuring a cleaner environment
- Long-lasting, FDA-compliant gearbox lubricant
- Optimized seal design with faces fully immersed in the pumped media for higher cleaning efficiency
Increase process uptime and make service faster and easier with innovative DuraCirc® design features. Perform standard maintence procedures quickly and simply, without requiring gearbox disassembly, component re-work, or complex pump re-build procedures. Features include:
- A truly front-loading, self-setting, single mechanical seal for fast, in-situ seal replacement, without having to remove the pump from the process line
- Quick, easy replacement of rotors or rotor case in the unlikely event replacement is required
- Easy-to-access, external shimming outside the rotorcase instead of inside the gearbox
- Fully interchangeable spare parts
- Long-life bearings, offering tens of thousands of hours of operation
- A single, long-life, FDA-approved gearbox lubricant with an extended 3,000-hour change interval